The Cisco 4-Port Clear Channel T1/E1 High-Speed WAN Interface Card provides n x T1/E1 connectivity in a compact form factor and reduces deployment and management costs for the Cisco 2800, 3800, 2900 and 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers.
As more data and voice services are enabled in branch offices, the demand for WAN bandwidth increases accordingly. Multilink Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) and Multilink Frame Relay enable customers to scale their leased lines from single T1/E1 to multiples of T1/E1, adding bandwidth as their needs increase. The Cisco 4-Port Clear Channel T1/E1 High-Speed WAN Interface Card (HWIC) integrates four T1/E1 ports in a singlewide HWIC to facilitate n x T1/E1 connectivity in a compact form factor.
With the Cisco 4-Port Clear Channel T1/E1 HWIC with integrated channel service unit and data service unit (CSU/DSU), you can consolidate customer premises equipment (CPE). The modules support balanced and unbalanced E1 connectivity and conform to G.703 and G.704 standards for unframed and framed E1 modes. The module supports both T1 and E1 modes, selectable by software configuration.
• 4 ports of RJ-48 connectors
• Cisco IOS Software configurable for T1 or E1 operation
• Integrated CSU/DSU per port
• Balanced or unbalanced E1 termination in the same module
• E1 unframed and framed modes (G.703 and G.704)
• Independent clocking for each port
• Multilink PPP or Multilink Frame Relay (FRF.16) for T1/E1 ports on the same module and across different modules